Wednesday, December 5, 2012

He is near.


December 5. Am staring at the calendar in disbelief. And that’s all I have to say about that.

It is cold in this house. Very cold. I am currently wearing 3 layers of sweaters and socks and am bundled in the bed beneath 2 comforters. I was wearing gloves while I was reading a book earlier, but now I use bare hands to type. Kristen, do you remember the blazing hot and sweaty days in September when you longed for winter? Well, here you go. Good luck staying warm. J Having my roommate to sleep with at night is seriously the best thing ever.

Today Zach and I are grieving with the dear friends we live with right now. A close family member has just had a major cerebral hemorrhage all of a sudden yesterday, and it doesn’t look good. He is young and has a wife and kids. My heart aches so much for Sandra’s family as their lives have been turned upside down in an instant. She and Juan Lu leave this afternoon for the rest of the week to be near the hospital and with family in Jerez. Zach and I are praying and praying and I so wish there was more I could say or do… but what can you do? God, please spare his life.. and may this circumstance somehow bring them closer to You. And please guide Zachary and I in how we can be a light to them in this horribly sad situation.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment